ClickRepair is a mature, well-tested, application for declicking and decrackling audio in uncompressed audio files. It has been developed over a period of many years. There is an extensive user manual that is part of the download package. ClickRepair will not operate on compressed audio files, such as mp3, and there are no plans to incorporate such a feature.
Latest features (ClickRepair)
Latest version is 3.9.5 (build 46f). Download/View full version history (pdf) here.
Main new features of versions 3.9 are:
• Improved Audio Monitoring above 48kHz.
• Pitch Protection can be turned on and off while processing.
• Can select File Dialog types.
• Revised manual for new features of versions 3.6-3.9.
Main new features of versions 3.8 are:
• Can select sound-buffer length.
• Revised manual for new features of versions 3.6-3.8.
• Includes a new bundled application "ClickRepairRT".
Main new features of versions 3.7 are:
• Multiple file drag and drop.
• Drag and drop integrated into Mac OS X.
Main new features of versions 3.6 are:
• Can set breakpoints (see new manual, p53).
• Drag and Drop interface for single file processing (see new manual, p10).
• More robust handling of unacceptable files.
ClickRepairRT is an application for declicking audio in real-time. It has been developed in response to requests from some users. The manual is part of the ClickRepair manual.
ClickRepairRT permits a computer to be used in-line with the sound system, with the output of the pre-amplfier being fed through for declicking, then sent back to the main amplifier. It uses a simple version of the ClickRepair algorithm tuned so as to minimise latency, which is in the order of 120mS (1/18 second).
ClickRepairRT is entirely dependent on the provision of audio input and output by the underlying Computer operating system, as made available by the Java run-time. This can be further complicated when using external audio equipment. For this reason, problems can arise that are beyond my control, although this should not generally be the case when using in-built sound cards.
ClickRepairRT is bundled with ClickRepair and cannot be downloaded or licensed separately. It will run in trial mode so long as ClickRepair is running in trial mode. Once a license code is entered into the ClickRepair application, ClickRepairRT will automatically become licensed.
Latest features (ClickRepairRT)
Latest version is 1.4.1 (build 5b). Download/View full version history (pdf) here.
Main new features of versions 1.4 are:
• Choice of Simple and Wavelet mode of processing.
• Pitch Protection (as in ClickRepair) is available.
Main new features of versions 1.3 are:
• Improved checking of available Java Sound input/output lines for more robust operation.
Main new features of versions 1.2 are:
• 16 and 24 bit sound up to 96kHz.
Main new features of versions 1.1 are:
• 16 bit sound up to 96kHz.
• Can produce log file of sound lines available to the Java run-time.